Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pumpkin Banana Bread

Hello Friends and Happy Holidays!

So this year for Christmas my family is having a potluck-ish brunch. Since I had left over cinnamon cream cheese frosting from cookies from a holiday party, I decided to make some sweets. I settled on a Pumpkin Banana Bread. The recipe is found below

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,184,154166-240206,00.html

yum!

This recipe looks really good, so I did follow it pretty closely. A few things I modified include:
-Instead of 1 cup pumpkin, I added the whole can (about 1 and 1/2 cups total). Because I'm leaving for vacation, I didn't want the extra pumpkin left in the can to go bad. Hopefully this will make the bread extra moist and sweet
-I added a bit extra pumpkin pie spice to kick it up a bit. I also added extra cinnamon (this seems to be a theme in this blog thus far)
-I mixed everything by hand because electric mixers are for cheaters (or you know, people with larger kitchens and a bigger appliances budget)
-The most annoying change to this recipe was the timing. Because of the extra moisture from the pumpkin, it took FOREVER to bake. Like, an hour and half. Much to long, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it.

I can't give a final verdict until Christmas day, but it smells and looks pretty darn delicious. Can't wait!




Seasons Eatings! (ha)
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment